Next, we met with Kayla's fourth grade teacher, Lacey Wade. She said Kayla does great but is a little shy when it comes to joining in on group discussions. Gee, I don't know where she would've got that from:) I used to be like that in school too. She said one thing she does know is that Kayla is excellent at art and anything crafty. She showed us one of her drawings and it looked like something a jr. high student would've done! I told her that even her preschool teacher from Little Scholars told me one day that Kayla was her topic of discussion at supper one night. She said she told her family about this little girl who was amazing already at drawing and coloring. We really have no idea where she got this from but we are proud. Wonder what she will become one day if she would put her art and craft talent to good use?? Who knows! Below is a pic of Kayla on her first day of school.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Parent-Teacher Conference time!!
Well, we got good reports on the girls from their teachers (of course--ha!). We met with Danielle's first grade teacher, Debbie Hayes, first this past Wednesday. She said Danielle is a mini-teacher. She loves to read and loves to read things in front of the class. She said she helps others with their work and reading. This sounds just like her and she always says she wants to be a teacher one day. Hopefully this will come true! Sometimes I wish their day at school could be video taped and we could see her doing these things--I would love that!! She got several little awards including one for perfect attendance. I am proud that the girls strive for perfect attendance every year and hope they maintain the desire to attend every day!! Here is a picture of Danielle on her first day of school.

Next, we met with Kayla's fourth grade teacher, Lacey Wade. She said Kayla does great but is a little shy when it comes to joining in on group discussions. Gee, I don't know where she would've got that from:) I used to be like that in school too. She said one thing she does know is that Kayla is excellent at art and anything crafty. She showed us one of her drawings and it looked like something a jr. high student would've done! I told her that even her preschool teacher from Little Scholars told me one day that Kayla was her topic of discussion at supper one night. She said she told her family about this little girl who was amazing already at drawing and coloring. We really have no idea where she got this from but we are proud. Wonder what she will become one day if she would put her art and craft talent to good use?? Who knows! Below is a pic of Kayla on her first day of school.
Next, we met with Kayla's fourth grade teacher, Lacey Wade. She said Kayla does great but is a little shy when it comes to joining in on group discussions. Gee, I don't know where she would've got that from:) I used to be like that in school too. She said one thing she does know is that Kayla is excellent at art and anything crafty. She showed us one of her drawings and it looked like something a jr. high student would've done! I told her that even her preschool teacher from Little Scholars told me one day that Kayla was her topic of discussion at supper one night. She said she told her family about this little girl who was amazing already at drawing and coloring. We really have no idea where she got this from but we are proud. Wonder what she will become one day if she would put her art and craft talent to good use?? Who knows! Below is a pic of Kayla on her first day of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment