Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Baby is 18 Months!!!

Olivia Jean is 18 months old! That's a year and a half--that's only 6 months til she's 2 years old!! What the heck?! Where did it go? When you're young people tell you that time flies by so quickly and to cherish every moment & I always thought yeah, yeah, whatever, I just want to be a grownup. Well, now I'm the one telling others that. Truly cherish every moment because it is so very true~ time flies so fast it's undescribable.

I decided to list some things that Olivia has accomplished, her likes/dislikes, funny things, etc.
***loves to play w/ her sisters. They have taught her lots of stuff~~some good, some bad:)
***loves animals--ALL animals & can make every animal sound. By the way, did you know a rabbit makes a sound like a tractor? She has taught us that. She feeds the guinea pig for us every night too by sticking carrots in for him to grab.
***knows her body parts by name & will point at them especially her belly:)
***can make a "strong" face & "scary" eyes which she knows will make us laugh & beg for more!
***yells for her sisters all the time. If she is in the van first she'll yell
"Dalla" which means Kayla or DD which means Danielle. She also makes sure to wake them up if she's the first one awake.
***loves to go 4 wheelin & screams & cries if she has to take turns with others! As soon as she hears keys rattle she's putting her shoes on.
***knows who Santa Claus is already thanks to our Holiday World trip & can say "HoHo"
***she's a big meat eater & prefers meat for breakfast, lunch & supper over anything sweet! Loves pizza (especially Fat Boys), spaghetti, hot dogs, sausage links, cheeseburgers & french fries, corn & potatoes.
***attends church every weekend & is pretty good at behaving & being quiet (but not always)
***loves to be outside & the hotter the better for her!!
***has little "obsessions" with things like the snaps in the carts at Wal-Mart which is the same snap that's in her high chair & swing, etc. She'd sit for an hour working the snaps! Also, closes any drawer, cabinet, door, etc that's left open for even a second. She has closed me in the pantry & refridgerator several times. Also, throws trash in the trash can really well at the right times.
***loves shoes & has been putting them on by herself lately. Her favorite is her black crocs & pink shoes.
***loves going places. Would go with anybody anywhere just to be going somewhere. She's great at traveling & loves crowds it seems. She loves to look at people & scream at babies.
***can say most everyone's names & gets so excited when she sees family members or her babysitter Mindy or the kids at Mindy's. Loves to be at Mindy's playing w/ her friends. It's so sweet to watch her.
***has just recently started telling everyone "no" & "bad" which is nothing good but it's funny. I have to turn my head and laugh!
***LOVES her purple blankie & has only missed a couple of nights sleeping with it since she was born. I don't listen to the "experts" that say no blankets in the crib w/ the baby, yadda, yadda! My babies all slept w/ their special blankie & they love them! She still takes a pacifier every now & then but not as often & not at all hardly during the day. Mainly naptime & bedtime but I've noticed her not wanting it lately as much. I have set a goal for October to throw it to the moo cows to have so that's what we're shooting for.

There's tons more I could list but it would probably fill a book so I think I'll stop with that. I still can't believe she's 18 months & the girls start school next week. Time can slow down now--please!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brynna was always a big meater too. She LOVED sloppy joes at O's age. And thank heaven for lovey blankets! My girls have to have their bunny and bear blankets at bedtime!

    ReplyDelete