Well, this has been a pretty decent week except for me having a sore throat one day with a runny/sneezy nose, but it was gone in one day. Then, Kayla awoke Wed morning with a slight sore throat but went to school. By that afternoon when Eric got to Mindy's to pick them up she was sleeping on the couch so he knew she was getting sick. Thurs she stayed home from school, which was okay since that's my day off, and I took her into my clinic to see Cathy, the NP. She had tonsillitis and a fever and got a Rx for Amoxil (the good pink stuff). She doesn't look sick in this pic but she was talking like someone was strangling her. She was feeling lots better by that afternoon and returned to school today.
Olivia is quite the little helper. Thurs she dug out all the dishtowels out of the drawer in the kitchen, threw out all the blankets that were in her bottom drawer of her dresser, went into my bedroom dresser and threw out all of her dad's underwear on the floor and then when I transfer wet clothes from the washer to the dryer she grabs them before they get into the dryer and throws them on the floor. Man, she is so much help. What would I do without her?? Of course I am one of those dorky moms that lets her do things so I can accomplish something without her interrupting too. For instance, when I want to pick up the kitchen or clean up the countertops and stove, etc, I open the fridge door and let her explore the fridge a little. There's nothing dangerous for her to get into and she loves to dig out water bottles and chew the tops of them and find baby food jars, etc. Hey, if it keeps her occupied for at least a few minutes then what the heck I say? I will sometimes just open the dryer lid because that's her fave place to stand hanging onto and let her dig out dry socks or whatever. It lets me pee in peace or get my hair fixed in peace and there's no harm. Dig in the magazine rack, dig all of the girls' markers out of their craft box--I know, bad mom--bad mom!! I let her have fun and NEVER endanger her or let her get something toxic in her mouth so she's fine. Here is an older pic of her in the fridge. She basically looks the same except has a little more hair!
Here is my helper pushing a chair across the kitchen floor like she does thousands of times a day.

Well, who doesn't love freebies?? When I was just barely pregnant with Liv I signed up to Enfamil baby formula to receive free samples and coupons. I rec'd some great stuff and got more in the mail this week! I guess they realize that she's about to turn one and retire from formula so they sent me the Next Step stuff that's a sort of transition from formula to milk. Although I won't continue giving her this after it's all gone I will definitely use this up so it doesn't go to waste. I plan on adding an ounce of cow's milk every couple of days to her bottles coming up in February to get her used to it. Here she is posing like a model with her new freebies. Look at the size of these cans! I was impressed and thankful. Now I shouldn't have to buy anymore formula at all. (her t-shirt says i'm a princess, mommys the queen and daddys.....around here somewhere!) Her great aunt Judy got her that and she wears it around the house--too cute!
And here is Danielle, AKA the Dobbi, just being the Dobbi! If you have ever watched the movie Harry Potter then you know where she gets this nickname--thanks to her Pop!
Spoiled rotten riding her sister's shoulders. Danielle took this picture. They steal my camera every now and then and I download my pics and find all kinds of things! They are pretty good girlies!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment