Sunday, February 8, 2009

Olivia's Party--lots & lots of pictures........

We celebrated Olivia's 1st b-day Saturday at the Martin Co. Comm. Bldg. with about 54 guests!! My aunt Peggy and I decorated the place the night before. I wanted it simple but cute and she suggested using our own story books and stuffed animals as table decor with lavendar table covers. I ordered the Hugs N Stitches table covers for Olivia's head table and the gift table. We put scattered 1st b-day mints on the tables too. Peg also brought along cardboard cakes and b-day boxes for extra decorations. I ordered groups of balloons from Patti Gingerich. This is a couple of shots before everyone came.




Of course her cakes were amazing. Heather Arvin does such a wonderful job with detailing and they taste like a million dollars! I gave her a napkin from the party and she copied the butterfly, the #1 and the bugs to look exactly like it! She uses fondant and creates the details of every cake. I would recommend her to anyone!!!! We had her make a big one & half chocolate & half white---yum!



side view.......light pink with polka dots!!!!!



I really like this picture taken of the girls together before the party actually started. They all look so cute! Those are balloon tails hanging down behind them. She kept screaming because for some reason the balloons were freaking her out! Kayla tapped one making it go towards Olivia & she did not like it!!


This is exactly how long the hat lasted! She hates hats and anything that touches her head! I tease her often with winter hats trying them on just to see how fast she'll jerk them off. Of course she tries to put them on herself. Her new thing is taking her comb and combing her hair and then combing ours.


Here we are singing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girl. We were all around her and helped her blow them out.



She also got her own personal cake to tear into (or else the big cake would've been ruined!) She almost didn't know what to do so she decided to put her mouth on it! Everyone was laughing... especially Kayla & Danielle!




Jenny Mathies took this pic of her wearing her b-day outfit. She looks like she's saying "oh brother, hurry up Jenny and take the picture already--I want cake!"

Kayla, Danielle and cousin Haylie helped her open all of her wonderful gifts. She got about 1/2 toys and 1/2 summer clothes! I was especially excited about the clothes of course! I think Olivia didn't care whether or not it was anything. She really wanted down to crawl. Finally she started ripping the tablecloth up! This is the toy she got from my brother Josh & my sis-in-law Jessica. After we got this home and took it out of the box she got so excited she was shaking! She loves it!




This is the Rock, Roll 'n Ride trike by Fisher Price that we got Olivia. We got the exact same one for Kayla at her 1st b-day and I swear she rode it til she was 8! All the kids that visit us always want to ride it because it goes fast. They can rock on it, be pushed or pedal it so it grows with their age. It's the best gift. Now we can't wait til the summer to see her on it outside! (in the back is Vicki & Hunter Brown)


Here's Jenny Mathies, Wyatt & Madisyn along with Haylie taking pictures of Livvy Jean. "Aunt" Jenny took lots of pics for me and I'm thankful. My cousin Nikki videotaped it for me. I was busy with the b-day girl to do all that.



Here is Olivia with her great-grandpa Brown..... AKA Papaw Brown to us! Olivia's middle name is Jean after my late g-ma Barbara Jean Brown. She would've been proud of that I believe.



Olivia with her godparents Uncle Gerry Mattingly and Aunt Jessica Fegan. Of course she decided to do her "strong face" in this picture too! She does it when we don't want her to naturally.


Here's Jessica, Aunt Peggy, Landon, Nikki & Haylie at the big bash...... in the back is Jill, Carter & Shawna.


Finally, time to clean up. Here's my dad getting lots of help from Haylie and also Eric getting lots of help from Landon & his nephew Dalton.




Anyway, the party was great and she received lots of nice stuff. Of course the best thing of all was having everyone together. We appreciated all the help too. I'll post pics of her actually home and playing with her new toys later. I have dial-up so this took me a very long time to post as you can imagine and I could never do a slideshow from this computer--takes too long. So, that's it for now.

Olivia's actual b-day is really the 12th so I need to go to Channel 2's website and send her picture in for that and I need to get one sent to the Tribune along with her party write-up. Still can't believe she's really gonna be 1 this week......

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA JEAN! She is so sweet Jamie! Griffin has that trike too and he LOVES it! I keep thinking every spring I will pass it on but he plays with it..he calls it his motorcycle! ha ha. Love all the pics that party looks like it was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! Happy Birthday to Olivia!

    ReplyDelete